Sunday, August 29, 2010

DIY Beach Bottles and other weekend musings

A few months ago I came across these whimsical bottles at Anthropologie and thought "How Fun!" until I saw the price.....  as is the story with most items at Anthropologie, but does that stop me from going inside? No! In fact, I love getting ideas from Anthropologie which is exactly what happened!
$128
$198













$198



So a few weekends ago when we were in Galveston for my brother-in-laws wedding we went to check out Colonel Bubbie's which had old pharmaceutical bottles for 75¢! Side note: We also got this awesome Rum Jar! 


So long story short, I bought a bunch of bottles, then went to the beach where hubby and I scoured for seashells. Granted the large ones I had to buy, but I think they only cost me about $10 all together. When we got home I plugged in my hot glue gun--et voila! My own Beach Bottles!!!!


So that was part one of my weekend! Part two was spent price shopping for appliances because we are hoping to buy a house! We just put an offer on one Thursday and we are waiting to hear back.... BUT while we were out shopping I did happen to pass by the Gap and I am in LOVE with these pants!




I also stopped by Barnes & Noble and fell in love with this book: Simply Sublime Gifts by Jodi Kahn. This apron is made by ironing on Wonder Bread bags! How adorable is that?











Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Now that you know what I was up to, what were you up to???

No comments: