Monday, June 27, 2011

Howzit?

Aloha!  We made it back safe and sound, and I even made it into work today *phew* Hawaii was AMAZING! It was so good to just sit back and relax. Hubby and I are definitely ready to become Official Beach Bums! And I apologize for not having time to catch up on all of your lovely blogs, but I mean c'mon... I was in Hawaii, yeah?

So here were the ups of the vacation:

  • Seeing my WHOLE family (that's right 14 of us, including grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousin)
  • My super sweet tan
  • SHOPPING! I cannot believe how much freaking jewelry I purchased! I just couldn't help myself!
  • The weather was fabulous, and the scenery was even better!
Ok, and I have to admit, there were a few downsides....
  • Seeing my WHOLE family (Ok, love ya, but try getting everyone to agree on doing something? Not going to happen!)
  • Jellyfish in the water (but I only got stung once!)
  • SHOPPING! I'm afraid to see my credit card statement this month... but I just HAD to bring back souvenirs!
  • Being old: so my siblings went surfing, snorkeling AND skydiving! Awesome right? Well I was too lame to do any of it! I blame it partly on not wanting to spend the extra kalo, but also partly because I'm a big wimp! (the water was cold, I'm not good at balancing on my own two feet, and I just didn't have the patience for sitting inside training all day for 5 minutes of fun) I know I will be kicking myself in the okole for years to come!
I have yet to put actual pictures on the computer from the camera, but here are some more Instagram photos. I had a lot of fun playing with them around the island :)

The famous Moco Loco... Hamburger, rice, egg and gravy!

My jellyfish sting :(


Manoa Falls... gorgeous, but rainy and muddy!

Kayaking at Kailua Beach

Yummy Macademia Nut Pancakes at Eggs 'n Things

"Lost" anyone?

Happy Monday bra! I have a little bit of catching up on my work to do and then I will be devoting the rest of my time seeing what YOU have been up to! 

5 comments:

stephanie [the merry way] said...

sounds like a blast, besides getting the fam to agree on something - totally impossible :) Hope your jellyfish sting is feeling ok!

Claudia Lane said...

welcome back Jess! Thanks for sharing part of your journey, I enjoyed seeing what you have been up to...everything looks fab -everything but the sting that is...not nice:(
Have a great day
Claudia xo

A BRIT GREEK said...

Welcome back lovely.

Sounds like you had an amazing time - so many peeps in your family! That must have been fun.

Also not a fan of jellyfish - In Australia there were loads - i happened to be there when it was stinger season, ouch!
x.o.x.o

Dionne said...

Awww... how fun to see family, and in Hawaii of all places! SO jealous.

And OUCH! A jellyfish?!!! Dang!

There were loads in Australia? I only ever saw jellyfish three times in m life there before I moved out to the US. Which beach did you see all the jellyfish out over there?

Kimia Kline said...

wow looks like you had an amazzing time :) those pancakes are to die for!!