Thursday, February 16, 2012

Miss Independent- Ashley Rose

Today's Miss Independent is from one of my favorite blogs ever, Ashely Rose Photography!

Ashley Rose is a fabulous photographer out in Orange County, CA. She features most of her work on her blog, as well as her website. Her life, as well as her photos always appear "picture perfect"!

You may actually recognize her as the In-N-Out Weddng girl
And then her son, Crew, has the most amazing room
 
Who also just happened to have his 1st birthday party!

Her photography ranges from:


Doesn't her work just make you smile?

1. What made you decide to start your own business? 
My husband! He was so supportive in just the learning aspect of it all. it was a huge thing for me since I had never even picked up a dslr camera before :) 
He 100% gave me the boost i needed to dive in. that and my own wedding :)

2. What was your biggest risk or fear about starting a business?
Failing. Loving something so much but not being able to have anyone else love it... if that makes sense :)
Everyday I wake up feeling so blessed for each and everyone of my clients. They cherish their photos and I cherish them for believing in me. 
okay a tad korny..... but i dont care! i love it! :)

3. How did you know what you wanted to do?
I just knew. Sounds weird right??? Well, wedding photography for me truly found me. I never would have thought this is what I would be doing, but I truly cannot see myself doing anything else now! :) Its one of the best things that happened to me! 

4. What support system do you have for your business?
I have an amazing group of girls inside the photographer community and also in the wedding community as well, it’s nice to be able to share and vent and just spend time with all these women! I also love my group of friends outside this crazy wedding world :) They keep me grounded and not so consumed with bridal bits :) I wouldn’t be able to do my job without the support of my husband and mom though. They are by far my biggest supporters and i am so blessed by them. 

5. What is your biggest challenge about running your own business?
Trying to do it all. I am a wife, new mom, and business owner. its hard. I won’t sugar coat it. But I love my life and I love my job. So I really just try to prioritize as best I can, and OUTSOURCE :) always OUTSOURCE :)

6. What is the best advice you have for someone wanting to start a business?
Don’t give up! Shoot, shoot, and shoot some more! Practice is everything! Work 2 jobs for as long as you can! There is no shame in being a weekend warrior! :) If you love it, it will all work out :)


A big thanks again to Ashley Rose for taking the time to participate!

Also be sure to check out her features:
RECENTLY PUBLISHED:::::Green Wedding Shoes-
(Rustic Americana , Beatles Themed , Airplane DIY , 
DIY Beatles )
Grey Likes Weddings


Or you can find her here:
twitter // facebook // pinterest 

6 comments:

amy (fearless homemaker) said...

wow, her photos are just lovely. + i love that she had in-and-out burger at her wedding - too fun! great feature!

Call it Adventure said...

I just love this series. It always makes me want to get up and do something awesome. This girl can take some pictures! Thanks for sharing, girl. I'm glad to have learned about her. :) Have a good Thursday!

meme-and-he said...

her photos are beautiful!!! she is really inspiring :)

Unknown said...

She seems like a pretty awesome lady! Thanks for featuring her!

Claudia Lane said...

A wonderful and inspirational post...her photography is v cool
Have a great weekend xo

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

ace photography!!! her answers are so candid and real, way to rock the weekend warrior styles. super inspiring! Crew is all kinds of adorable too. ♥