Of course we had to see the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and the main "touristy" attractions while we stayed in Paris. But today's post is on a few of the things you may not know about Paris...
1. Visit the Louvre on Friday Night, It stays open until 10, so you can beat the crowds plus have an excuse to stay out later.
2. Almost all of the museums have free admission on the first Sunday of the month. We were able to hit the Musee D'Orsay, L'Orangerie and Rodin's Gardens without having to pay. It was definitely worth it!
3. Visit Les Arts Decoratifs. It's right next to the Louvre and it has some really neat fashion exhibits. When we went, they had a Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs exhibition. Tres Chic!
4. For the more adventurous (this is Paris, after all) visit the Musee de l'eroticism next to Moulin Rouge. Need I say more?
5. Dr. Scholls is your best friend. Plan to walk everywhere, and unless for some ungodly reason Nike's go with your outfit, you will need some insoles to make walking in your shoes bearable-- Trust me.
6. Take the stairs up to the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower. The line is shorter, you save a few euros this way, and its a great workout!
7. Stay hydrated. It's hard getting used to the idea of drinking bottled water all the time, but as long as you don't only order water, many restaurants have "l'eau en carafe" But don't wait around for them to offer it. Make sure you ask or they wont bring it.
Is there anything I may have forgotten? What useful tips do you like to use when you travel?
Hope you learned some fun facts about Paris!