Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Life's Lessons

I have another music post for you.
Not because I want to share music, but because music can teach us so many lessons about life.
The following are a few of my favorite songs with meaningful messages

1.  I Can't Make You Love Me
AKA you can't force things on people and don't expect people to feel the same way as you.

2. You Can't Always Get What You Want
(but you get what you need)
AKA appreciate what you have people!

3. Life Goes On
(ob-la-di, ob-la-da)
AKA let things go, and move on, 'nuff said

4. Things Are What You Make Of Them
AKA Perception is everything!

What songs help you to stop, focus, and regroup when things are a mess?

And of course, some Oh, How Pinteresting Inspiration as well


Source: tumblr.com via Jess on Pinterest

I'm sure I've posted it before, but I'll post it again:

I think that if she can do it, so can we:

Also, don't be wasteful:
Happy Wednesday! We're halfway to that weekend!
All the more reason to BE HAPPY!


11 comments:

amy b.s. said...

i always forget how great some of bonnie raitt's songs are. i love that one. talk about heart wrenching!

rooth said...

Happy Wednesday Jess!

Jordan said...

LOVE You Can't Always Get What You Want! So so so true. Great post! Hope you have a great rest of the week.

Oh Sunnie Day said...

LOVE the music & the quotes!!

xx

jen

! * ♔ ♥... !*~ ღ tokkii autumn 토 끼 가 을 ღ ~*!:♡ ♔ * said...

Very pretty and classy, love the look :)
I follow you now!
Follow me back on facebook ,twitter,and GFC
love you dear :)

Marcchanelette.blogspot.com
Marcchanel'ette

meme-and-he said...

I am not usually a classical music type of person, but when I am stressing it helps so much to turn on classical music or quiet piano music.

punkychewster said...

dieter uchtdorf says it best. i strive for that on most days.

Unknown said...

love this post and music you've chosen!
New post outfit on my blog on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.com, hope that you like it!
kisses

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

these are so so true...good things to remind ourselves :) happy halloween!

Unknown said...

love these quotes girl!

Unknown said...

Anne Frank's quote makes me tear up. You're so right, if she could still see the beauty, we can ALWAYS see beauty, light, and hope in each new day. Some of my favorite songs that are empowering: If I ruled the World, Lauren Hill .... I hope you Dance, Leanne Womack.... This Kiss, Faith Hill .... Dreams, The Cranberries. To name a few!! xo