Saturday, August 21, 2010

ENRAGED

Hello all. You might be wondering where I have been all week. Well to start things off I dropped my car off at a  Meineke *which apparently I have heard other horror stories AFTER the fact but not BEFORE the fact* because my ignition switch was locking up. Well if you remember we went out of town to Galveston last weekend and I was told my car would be ready for pick up Monday morning. When my husband and I went to pick up my car it wasn't ready and we were told that we needed an additional (and more expensive) part. I told them I would have to think about it and that I needed to see a price quote. Well I never got back with them and they accused me of giving them the O.K. to use this expensive part! They wanted to charge me a total of $988 for a new ignition switch (which I could have bought from O'Reilly's for $30) and $379.88 for an ignition housing part which should have only cost about $100. Of course I found all this out after agreeing to an original price.... which has totally come to nip me in the butt.

After calling and yelling several times to this company as well as their corporate office I find out that it is Meineke policy to make an 85% profit on car parts. PLUS they told me they used all Volkswagen parts which are "expensive" but even so they are not as expensive as what they charged me. I even called some Volkswagen dealers and they didn't even charge this much for parts. Another thing is that even though I drive a Volkswagen, my car was manufactured in MEXICO with plastic pieces... you don't have to actually use Volkswagen parts!!!!

OK So, long story short I have contacted Better Business Bureau about this but I don't know that anything will come of it. AND if they are telling the truth, because Meineke Corporate denies actually making dealers gain an 85% profit, it looks like they basically get "bonuses" for making this much and get into trouble when they don't.

In addition to spending what I could have spent on a much more relaxing vacation, I have been without a car all week! Luckily my husband works at a truck dealership and he was able to borrow a work truck but still... I finally got to pick up my car today and the guy behind the counter took 30 minutes to figure out how to bring up our invoice... no joke. Well then he charged $783 to our credit card but then our invoice says that we paid $372... shady or what?

Also check out my sweet new "Volkswagen" keys....

Do you see Volkswagen logos anywhere???? Also they did not return my original key which we need to get in the trunk!


 
This is what your car should look like after getting a new ignition switch.


This is what my car now looks like... they couldn't even fix it right after all the $$$$$ i forked over to these guys.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and I will be taking my car to a dealer this week to have it checked out for authentic Volkswagen parts.... what a MESS!

And to top it all off, our internet was out all week and it turned out we needed a new modem..... when it rains it pours people! I need some good thoughts sent my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3<3<3<3

2 comments:

Jess said...

ARGH! Thanks for listening! I Hate being so negative about it but this whole thing is just ridiculous!

angela hardison said...

wow! that's pretty crazy and awful. sorry you've had to put up with that. car problems are the worst.