Well you've waited long enough, and I've finally put together my Top Picks in New York!
1. Shake Shack in Madison Square Park has deliciously amazing burgers! They have other locations, but this is the original. I went for the Shack Stack, complete with a hamburger AND a mushroom burger (which is fried and filled with cheese!) They even had the crispiest crinkle cut fries I ever tasted. Now I just need to see if they can open a location here in Houston!
2. Just across the street is Eataly, a grocery store/restaurant/brewery. It's definitely worth a stop in, even if you just check out the first floor. If you venture to the 14th floor, it features a restaurant complete with it's own tasty home-brews.
3. McSorley's Old Ale House is the oldest bar in New York (it was even around before prohibition!) They'll ask you if you'll be havin' a light or dark (but both are good and made in house!)
4. If you swing over to Brooklyn, be sure to check out Noorman's Kil. It's a whiskey bar with the most delicious grilled cheese you'll ever have (and you'll definitely need one for the road after a few hours!)
5. If time allows, try and catch a movie at Nitehawk Cinema (we saw Django Unchained!) In Texas we have a similar concept, Alamo Drafthouse, but this has more of a retro vibe. If you live in Brooklyn, please be sure to check out the Spoons, Toons and Booze! They will be featuring classic Saturday morning cartoons complete with cereal and a beverage of your liking!
And there you have it! If you've been to New York, what are some of your favorite places to go?
Happy Hump Day!