Whoo Hoo! We survived Monday! How does it feel?
I want to thank all of you for your support in the 30 Day Challenge! It has been an amazing journey, and we have made it one week already! So since we've come this far, I thought it would be fun to do a Good/Bad/Cool/Ugly for the Challenge.
- Trying a bunch of yummy new foods
- Craving fast food. We NEVER eat fast food, and now all of a sudden…
- Extremely Time Consuming. Our whole weekend was absorbed around food.
- I’ve been trying to eat more veggies, and I can already tell it’s made a huge difference in my skin.
- We have started to feel better and we have more energy (to clean the kitchen afterwards, Ha!)
- Too. Many.Dishes. Every time I think I’m finally done, it’s time to start cooking again and clean! Now I definitely see where the idea for American “conveniences” came from.
I have been researching different ingredients on Food Network, and trying to base our meals around the vegetables ourselves. Some of our new and adventurous recipes have turned out AWESOME, while others we weren't so sure about. Here is a recap of what we ate this weekend:
(we skipped on the pickles and used a pork chop instead of the pork patties)
Neither Hubby or I had ever cooked with a fresh artichoke before. We tried this recipe for Stuffed Artichoke, but we weren't sure how to eat it once it was done. Any tips for cooking with artichoke?
Mmmm I was actually craving this today instead of a candy bar or fast food! Maybe my body is adjusting to this diet after all?
In non-food news, I found the coolest pictures on Instagram
And of course, Never Forget! I absolutely love this Memorial picture